Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Has anyone wigged a bitty?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member slovejoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2005
    Posts
    705
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love the bitty babies, but would love to put a little whispy wig on one. Has anyone done this? Do you know what size wig I would need?

    Thank-you!

    Shanna

  2. #2
    Inactive Member JustMagicMaria's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2002
    Posts
    208
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I rewigged a Bitty! I used a 12" wig on mine (she has a big head).

    SmallEricAndElsaSeeSaw

  3. #3
    Inactive Member slovejoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2005
    Posts
    705
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Is she in your signature? Do you remember what brand? Do all Bitty's have the size 12" head, or is yours PM or something along those lines. Thank-you so much. If it's the gitl in your sig, she is darling!!

    Shanna

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Kathy Henning's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 4th, 2003
    Posts
    200
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I put wigs on 4 Bitty Babies. I did two Asian ones and two African American ones. I wanted BT from those ethnic backgrounds. I used size 11/12 on all 4 of them.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member slovejoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2005
    Posts
    705
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank-you! I should be good with that size as well. Now I just have to find the right wig. Justmagicmaria, I love the wig you used, could you let me know where you got it? If it's no longer available does anyone know what type of wig I want? Synthetic, mohair, or simulated mohair? I'm also not sure what a half cap is or any of the other terminology so any help with wigging would be great. This is for a brown hair light skin brown eyed bitty. Thanks everyone!

    Shanna

  6. #6
    Inactive Member JustMagicMaria's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2002
    Posts
    208
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Shanna! If I recall, this is a Bebe wig that I got from Miniworld. Yes, she is a brown-eyed Bitty. Her painted hair was very scratched and our brunette Bitty Twin boy missed his sister, so...

    Edited to add if you want it to look like the Bitty Twin's, you want synthetic, which is often called Modacrylic by manufacturers.

    Maria

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 03, 2006 08:41 AM: Message edited by: JustMagicMaria ]</font>

  7. #7
    Inactive Member slovejoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2005
    Posts
    705
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Maria-
    Thank-you! I found it, now I'm wondering do I want the 10/11 or the 12/13? Also, what color did you get...auburn...it's a bit hard to tell on line. Again, thank-you so much she is just so cute! I didn't even think about getting a loved one that has bad hair and fixing her that way..what a great idea! Sigh...I'm so excited!

    Shanna

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 03, 2006 10:48 AM: Message edited by: slovejoy ]</font>

  8. #8
    Inactive Member lonie's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2006
    Posts
    218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Shanna, get the size 12-13. The other one is too small and would be a chore to get on bitty's head. I rewigged our bitty with a Diane wig from Kemper and I put it up in a little pony like retired bitty twin girl's.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member slovejoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2005
    Posts
    705
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes! I saw the diane wig as well, but it's hard to picture what it would look like on a bitty. Do you have a photo of her that you would be willing to share? Do the curls on the end cause any problems? Thank-you!!!

    Shanna

  10. #10
    Inactive Member lonie's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2006
    Posts
    218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't have a pic, sorry. DD changed her mind and bitty now has a different, longer wig.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •